What is M.Sc. in Biotechnology?
M.Sc. in Biotechnology deals with design, engineering, and technology with the help of knowledge and application of biology and chemistry as the subjects. M.Sc. in Biotechnology is a full-time two years of postgraduate program. The production of bio-products with living organisms is involved in the study of Masters in Biotechnology. The course has its application in the fields of technology, medicine, and engineering. This course involves Fermentation Technology, Tumor, Genetics, Cell Technology, Advanced Biotechnology, etc.
This course helps the students implement their knowledge in the respective fields as the course is a mixture of both practical and theoretical sessions. Students are also eligible to pursue their career in research and development as the M.Sc. in Biotechnology is an advanced course that also helps them get a chance of employment in companies like healthcare and pharmaceuticals. Students who wish to contribute to the pharmaceuticals and medical sector and associate in the science and technology department can choose this M.Sc. in Biotechnology course. By registering for this course, students will get a chance to acquire skills and technical knowledge associated with biological science. If you want to know more about the eligibility criteria, entrance examination and future scope than you are at the right place.
Eligibility Criteria for students admitting to M.Sc Biotechnology
- The appearing candidate must hold a B.Sc. degree in Biotechnology/ food science/ Biology/ Nursing or B.Pharma/ BPT/ BMIT and Microbiology.
- The minimum percentage criteria are to have at least 55% in the qualifying examination.
Following are some of the entrance exams to get admission to M.Sc. Biotechnology:
- There are a lot of entrance examination to get admission in this course like BHU, BITSAT, JNUEE, PET, DUET. These exams are held yearly. You can fill up the form to take part in exams.
- After completion of the course candidate can get jobs in various sectors like schools, clinics, colleges, laboratories, sports, hospitals and organisations.
Admission Process for M.Sc. Biotechnology
- Most of the reputed institutes provide admission to the course of M.Sc. Biotechnology by undergoing the entrance test process.
- Thus, students must go through the admission process for the respective institutes about this course of M.Sc. Biotechnology.
- Candidates need to make sure about the eligibility criteria to appear in the entrance test.
- Based upon the performance of the candidates in the entrance test, they would be shortlisted for admission to the respective institutes.
- Certain colleges provide direct admission in M.Sc. Biotechnology on the assist of entrance examination; in this case, they must apply at the institute and check the eligibility criteria for direct admission.
Job Prospects and Career Options after M. Sc Biotechnology
The course of M.Sc. in Biotechnology gives a range of opportunities to the students to make a career in various fields. Some of the job roles for which a student who had completed an M.Sc. in Biotechnology can opt for are as follows:
- Assistant Scientist
After completing the course of M.Sc. in Biotechnology, a student can gain a starting salary range between four lakhs to six lakhs per annum. However, this pays scale varies according to the accepted job role and the experience gained by the candidate.
So, if you are planning to pursue your course in Biotechnology after graduation than this course is the best approach. After researching all of the content regarding the same, come up with the idea that job profiles and opportunities in this course is very good. As well as the payment is very decent. It will be a great option to pursue your education without thinking twice.