Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University, Hyderabad was established on 2 October 1972 by the Legislature of the State of Andhra Pradesh as the first–ever Technological University in the country.
The Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University Hyderabad holds a rank of 76 for B.Tech as per NIRF 2022 and is placed at 80 Overall by Outlook 2019. ARIIA 2020 ranks it at 6 Overall, while Collegedunia 2023 positions it at 77 for B.Tech. Accredited with an 'A' Grade by NAAC and approved by AICTE & UGC, JNTUH's prowess is evident. In the NIRF Rankings report of 2021, it secured the 62nd spot in the Engineering field.
The JNTU, Hyderabad, course offers a comprehensive range of courses with diverse specializations, including Bachelor's programs such as B.Tech and B.Pharm, Master's programs like MBA, M.Tech, M.C.A, M.S, M.Pharm, and M.Sc, as well as integrated and part-time options. These programs cover fields such as Engineering, Pharmacy, Management, Computer Applications, and Sciences, providing students with opportunities for academic excellence and skill development in their chosen domains.
|Hostels||Constituent colleges have both boys' and girls' hostels, managed by respective Principals/Directors, with appointed staff for care and maintenance.|
|Medical/Hospital||The campus provides a medical facility with a 24-hour ambulance service and healthcare for students, faculty, and candidates in emergencies.|
|Gym||Students have access to a gym facility for their fitness and well-being during their free time.|
|Library||A large library spanning three floors offers extensive materials including e-journals, texts, databases, and more for research and study.|
|Sports||The campus promotes sports activities with facilities for football, basketball, cricket, and more, managed by a dedicated Physical Education team.|
|I.T. Infrastructure||Centralized computer labs with 24x7 internet access and power backup provide students with modern computing resources.|
|Cafeteria||The well-maintained cafeteria offers hygienic and affordable food options for students, staff, and visitors on campus.|
|Auditorium||Two spacious auditoriums host various events, conferences, and lectures, providing students with a comfortable learning environment.|
|Alumni Associations||The university maintains a strong alumni network to foster connections and collaborations among its graduates.|
|Wifi||High-speed internet connectivity is provided through wired and Wi-Fi connections, enhancing digital access for the campus community.|
|Guest Room/Waiting Room||A guest house with rooms and executive accommodations is available for visitors and guests, including three rooms in the ASC guest house.|
|Banks/ATMs||On-campus banking services are available through SBH's Andhra Bank and Extension counters for the convenience of students and staff.|
• JNTU Eligibility Criteria: Candidates aiming for admission at JNTUH offer various programs like M.Tech, MBA, MCA, M.Pharm, M.Sc, and M.Phil & Ph.D., each with specific eligibility criteria Of Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University Hyderabad. For instance, an M.Tech requires a minimum of 60% marks in B.Tech, an MBA needs a recognized 3-year bachelor's degree, and M.Pharm demands completion of B.Pharm or equivalent. M.Sc necessitates a B.Sc or equivalent degree, while M. Phil & PhD mandates a master's degree with 55% marks.
• JNTU Entrance Exam: Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University Hyderabad provides a range of programs like BE/BTech, MBA/PGDM, ME/MTech, BPharm, MCA, PharmD, MPharm, and BBA. Eligibility varies; for instance, BE/BTech requires 45% in Class 12 with Physics and Mathematics, while ME/MTech demands a GATE qualification. MBA/PGDM admission relies on TS ICET scores, and PharmD requires a 50% aggregate. Selection methods include EAMCET, ECET, TS ICET, GATE, GPAT, and more.
• Cutoff: The JNTU Hyderabad cutoff marks or ranks based on candidates' performance in the entrance exams. These predetermined cutoffs serve as benchmarks that demarcate which candidates qualify to advance to subsequent stages of the admission process. In essence, candidates who surpass these established thresholds demonstrate a commendable level of competence and achievement, making them eligible for further consideration.
• Document Verification: As a pivotal step, shortlisted candidates undergo a thorough document verification process during the admission procedure. This stage involves the authentication of academic records, identification documents, and other essential certificates. The meticulous verification process is designed to ensure the accuracy and authenticity of the information provided by candidates, thereby upholding the integrity and transparency of the admission process.
• Fee Submission: Upon being allotted seats based on their performance and preferences, candidates are required to submit the stipulated admission fees within the designated timeframe. This crucial step solidifies their position in the chosen program. The timely submission of fees not only secures their seat but also demonstrates their commitment to joining the program, allowing the university to efficiently manage seat allocation.
• Confirmation: Following the successful submission of admission fees, candidates receive an official confirmation of their admission. This confirmation contains vital information about the program, the affiliated college, and additional instructions for the upcoming stages. This communication marks a significant milestone, ensuring that candidates are well-informed and prepared to embark on their academic journey at JNTU Hyderabad.
To apply for an Application at Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University, Hyderabad, follow the below steps for the Application Process:
1. Visit IIIT Hyderabad's official website and navigate to the admissions section.
2. Choose the program of interest, checking eligibility and key dates.
3. Create an account on the admission portal using your basic information.
4. Complete the online application form with accurate details.
5. Upload essential documents, like transcripts and ID proof, in scanned form.
6. Pay the application fee online and keep the payment receipt.
7. Prepare and submit a Statement of Purpose (SOP) and Letters of Recommendation (LoRs) if required.
8. Review your application for accuracy before submitting it.
9. Use your login credentials to track your application status.
10. Stay updated by checking your registered email and IT Hyderabad's website for notifications.
Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University (JNTU), Hyderabad is committed to supporting economically disadvantaged students through various scholarship initiatives, financial aid, student freeships, and fee waivers. The university extends its assistance through JNTUH scholarships such as the Post Office Scholarship, HAL Scholarship, RTC Scholarship, and NTPC Scholarship. Additionally, JNTUH provides a tuition fee waiver of INR 30,000 for M.Tech regular students and INR 50,000 for self-financed students annually. Moreover, the university acknowledges merit and financial need by granting the Merit cum Means Scholarship to 18 deserving students. These efforts underscore JNTUH's dedication to ensuring that financial limitations do not hinder deserving students from pursuing their education.
Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University Hyderabad (JNTUH) is renowned for its undergraduate (UG) and postgraduate (PG) courses, boasting a commendable JNTUH placement record. In the year 2020, the campus played host to 64 companies as part of its placement drive. These companies collectively extended a total of 387 offers, encompassing both full-time positions and internships.
Among these offerings, the pinnacle was represented by a staggering INR 23 lakhs per annum, presented by CommVault in terms of the highest Cost to the Company (CTC). Conversely, the lowest CTC stood at INR 3.36 lakhs per annum. Amazon, Invesco, Mathworks, Darwin Box, Oracle, and TCS stood out as some of the prominent names among the participating recruiters.
1. Computer Science Engineering: Noteworthy is the fact that three students secured placements with Microsoft, achieving an exceptional CTC of INR 41 lakhs.
2. Mechanical Engineering: The department's average placement hovered around 7 lakhs per annum, with major companies like TCS, Capgemini, Cognizant, and L&T extending placement opportunities.3.
Electrical and Electronics Engineering: The placement drive saw participation from corporations such as TCS, Amazon, and Wipro.
To provide for the advancement of learning and knowledge in Engineering & Technology, Physical and Social Sciences by teaching, research and experimentation or practical training or by such other means as the University may deem fit.
To provide the form of education that allows students to spend periods of intramural work so that upon graduation not only do they possess a range of academic learning, but also learn and acquire knowledge for the benefit of the state in particular and the country in general.