Details of Bachelor of Veterinary Science (B.V.Sc)
It is an undergraduate course in the medical field. This study includes the treatment of diseases of animals and their medical diagnosis. Although one student has completed BSc veterinary science, they can opt for MVSc or any other masters in veterinary courses.
This course is about curing animal diseases; it provides knowledge to students related to animal husbandry covering many topics of veterinary science. The studies in this program include all the health details of animals and birds. Its syllabus consists of chapters like gross veterinary anatomy, veterinary physiology, livestock production management, aquatic animal diseases, milk and milk products technology, veterinary toxicology, livestock entrepreneurship, Veterinary clinical practice, avian production management, Veterinary histology and embryology, principles of animal genetics and population genetics, biostatistics, and computer application, etc.
Eligibility criteria for Bachelor of Veterinary Science (B.V.Sc)
The eligibility criteria for this course is not very complex,
- A candidate must pass the 10+2 aur equivalent examination with chemistry, biology, English, and physics.
- A candidate must have at least 50% marks secured in their previous studies from any recognized board of their country.
- Applicants must appear in the All India Pre-veterinary test or other states Pacific veterinary tests like AICEE or AAU VET.
- It is compulsory to clear the entrance test.
Benefits of Bachelor of Veterinary Science (B.V.Sc)
- Being a veterinary doctor is a highly reputed profession.
- A student in this program is trained to know almost every animal disease, disorder, and treatment.
- The average payouts in this field are very high in private sectors and government sectors as well. The average income is usually 5.05 lacs per annum to 14 lacs per annum.
- One student completes their studies in this course successfully; then, they will get many career opportunities.
Scope of Bachelor of Veterinary Science (B.V.Sc)
Once a student graduates in this course and completes their studies, there are many areas where the individuals can find suitable jobs. For example, some employment areas are animal food companies, animal welfare societies, hospital media, print Pharma cuticles, government projects, dairy research institutes, colleges or universities, research projects or institutes, sales sector livestock, agriculture management, etc.
Career option and Job prospects after Bachelor of Veterinary Science (B.V.Sc)
A student from a veterinary background can get jobs at pharmaceutical companies to design new medicines or might also be employed for supervision of labs, animal welfare. In addition, a veterinary science and animal husbandry graduate can get employed aur animal surgeries by being a vet.
Given below are some of the job profiles from this program with their average salaries.
- Veterinary doctor, the average salary ranges from 5.08 lacs per annum to 8 lacs per annum.
- Veterinary surgeons, the annual salaries range from 5.87 lacs to 10 lacs.
- Veterinary officer, payment varies from 10 lacs per annum to 15 lacs per annum.
- Cattle breeders, their salary ranges from 3.89 lacs per annum to 10 lacs per annum.
- For veterinary doctors in NGOs, the payout might be 3.89 lacs per annum to 5.8 6 lacs annum.
- Animal research scientists, average annual income might be 5.42 lacs to 14.40 lacs.
- Livestock development officer, the payment can be 4.80 lacs to 10 lacs.Animal care specialists, their annual earning ranges from 4.32 lacs to 8 lacs.
Fees Structure & Duration of Bachelor of Veterinary Science (B.V.Sc)
This program lasts up to 5.5 years, the exam pattern in BVSc AH is a semester-type examination, and nine semesters are included. The average fees required for this course can range from 15000 to 1 lakh per annum. If a student graduates in this course, it's their choice to either get a job quickly or pursue further studies in this field.
So, pursuing this career in this field is a good option. You can pursue your career in this for better job profiles and future scope.