What is M.Sc. In Applied Geology?
M.Sc. Applied Geology is a field of science linked with science geology. Planet Earth as the subject is the program's primary emphasis, and the study involves an understanding of the processes and changes taking place on the planet. It covers a broad range of subjects ranging from land research, geotechnical investigations and environmental details. This programme facilitates the duty of civil engineers to structure bridges, barriers, buildings, etc.
Applied geology is a critical study of our planet's nature, changes, morphology, and its effect on human life. To take up this programme, applicants must have the ability to understand complex procedures to apply their knowledge logically. They will be trained to investigate the quality of rock and sand, analyze climatic change, generate statistics and present an overview of these issues.
With the use of IT and non-IT methodologies, the programme is meant to allow the applicants to be qualified to evaluate, innovate, analyze, and utilize numerical problems. This course becomes a lucrative resource for students with a degree in environment, earth science, mining, processes, civil engineering, and environmental engineering. Candidates need to address topics that require them to gain an in-depth view of the complexities of our geology, risks and environmental and resource management challenges.
Eligibility Criteria for M.Sc. In Applied Geology
The criteria of qualifying for the M.Sc. Applied Geology programmes are:
- Candidates must attain a minimum aggregate of 60 per cent, and above, or equivalent CGPA can apply for admission to the course, who finish their graduation in any relevant programme.
- The entrance exam offered by different prestigious colleges and universities must be evident to applicants.
Benefit Criteria for M.Sc. In Applied Geology
Applied Geology Master of science has a wide range of higher education and job perspectives. The course study reinforces the individual's science of many processes and phenomena on the globe. Those who want to pursue studies in any of the fields related to Earth 9science might attend M. Phil or PhD programmes. The training assists the individual in achieving an exciting career in associated geological organisations.
Scopes of M.Sc. In Applied Geology
- Many jobs, such as energy, building, protection of the environment, catastrophe detection and disaster management, can be connected to. In addition to these elements, numerous other factors affect the physical world.
- M.Sc in geology is the best career for people who don't want to stay in office, given that a great deal of their work in the field is done.
- For getting jobs in the industries and perform research, students are provided with both vocational and research training. Following the end of the course, the candidates will receive higher education in applied geology in M.Phil. and P.hD. They work in several areas in earth sciences, including groundwater management, geological engineering, environmental geology and geotechnical consultancy.
- The primary purpose of the curriculum is to make the applicants sufficiently aware of the intricacies and workings of the industry in all vocations of Geology.
Career Opportunities after M.Sc. In Applied Geology
M.Sc. Applied Geology training trains individuals for field research and detailed analysis of soil and rock types. Candidates can easily pave their way to successful careers in order to use their expertise to intelligently tackle multidimensional and complicated challenges by acquiring a deeper understanding of the subject.
After the programme has been completed, the applicants benefit from commencing their careers in various lucrative industries, both private and private. They have an area of work as groundwater and environmental advisers, or as geotechnology, geological engineering. They can become chemist assistants, lead research, ONGC professors, geologist assistants, and many others.
Job Opportunities after M.Sc. In Applied Geology
Graduates have profitable work opportunities in the engineering, geotechnical, groundwater and environmental sectors after completing the course. Once the course has been completed, candidates receive friendly packages with an average salary of between INR 2 and 13 Lac per year. With years of experience and other degrees, this can progressively increase.
- Assistant Chemist earns an annual salary of 2 to 3 Lacs
- The remuneration of Geologists annually is 5 to 6 Lacs
- Processing Geophysicist is paid a yearly salary of 5 to 6 Lacs
- The annual income of Meteorologists is 2 to 5 Lacs
- ONGC Chair Professor earns an annual salary of 5 to 6 Lacs
- A seismologist is paid a yearly salary of 7 to 8 lakhs
- Completions Technologists earns an annual salary of 12 to 13 Lacs
- The annual remuneration of Researchers is 6 to 7 Lacs
Fees Structure & Course Durationof M.Sc. In Applied Geology
Duration of this course is 2 years. The course fees vary from INR 28,000 to 1 Lac and beyond and differ from one institution to university.