What is B.Sc in Food Technology ?
One of the three-year full-time undergraduate degrees is B.Sc in Food Technology. This programme includes an advanced study of techniques and activities related to food preservation, processing and production.
B.Sc Food Technology is a programme to develop individuals with expertise in food science and technology. Food Technology provides students with a profound understanding of the scientific and technological methodologies essential for understanding the nature of raw foodstuffs.
This course enables students to comprehend essential topics such as dietary composition, nutrition and food, physical and microbiological characteristics. It also helps students understand various approaches in food processing and food preservation. The programme comprises the study of numerous topics such as chemical, biological, nutritional, biochemical, microbiological, etc.
The students are also offered a specialisation, which includes grains, dairy products, sugar products, alcohol products, bakery and clothing products, processing of oil and olive seeds, and meat fish, fruit and vegetables.
Eligibility Criteria for B.Sc in Food Technology
It is a three-year full-time undergraduate degree. This programme includes an advanced study of techniques and activities related to food preservation, processing and production.
Most universities accept a 10+2 proportion of students according to their classes. However, several institutes are admitted based on an entrance exam. Some admission examinations for B.Sc Food Technology are IICPT \CFTRI.
Benefits of B.Sc in Food Technology
- It is useful for further studies such as the Science Department, M.E./M.Tech., Phil. and PhD, the course is also helpful.
- It gives students a thorough understanding and practical ability in the food preparation, enterprise and food and bakery industries.
- Knowing how to develop, save, process, package, distribute and use safe, nutritious and healthful foods is beneficial for professionals.
- Opportunities for self-employment also exist as dynamic delivery networks for individuals.
Scope of B.Sc in Food Technology
- After B.Sc Food Technology is complete, applicants can choose a wide array of jobs.
- Students can take up their careers as Food Technology Technologist, Organic Chemist, Technical Brawer, Manager of Manufacture etc. with B.Sc Food Technology. The breadth of this field is growing at a rapid rate and the future.
- The B.Sc. Food Technology postdoctoral candidates can start working in numerous fields both in the commercial and the public sector.
- There are a lot of jobs and career alternatives upon completion of this course. Students can pick any vocation according to their qualifications and interests to study.
- They can also pursue higher studies.
Career and Job Opportunities after B.Sc in Food Technology
Food Technology graduates can acquire work easily in areas such as food packaging companies, food processors, food processing companies, food industry, laboratories for food research, etc.
Students with a Food Technology degree will also advance in a laboratory-based job in clinical or technical roles other than research.
Those who desire to pursue their careers in food technology have a lot of work prospects.
Students may choose several careers, including production managers, food development managers, food packaging managers, food security auditors, and so on.
Graduates from B.Sc Food Technology might also work as food writers and write periodicals, newspapers, novels, and television shows. Food bloggers are also setting new trends in the market,
Some best industry recruiters are: Cadbury India Limited, MTR Foods LimitedDabur India Ltd, Nestle India Pvt. Ltd., Amul, Godrej India Limited, Hindustan Unilever Limited
- The food technologist earns an annual income of roughly INR 10,000
- The annual pay of Organic Chemist is roughly INR 6.02,003
- A yearly wage of the Technical Brewer of INR 6.60,236
- The manager makes annual salaries of INR 7,18,149
- Approximately 7,14,557 Buying Manager gets an annual salary
Fees Structure & Course Duration B.Sc in Food Technology
B.Sc in Food Technology is a three-year full-time undergraduate degree.Class fees for B.Sc Technology vary based on the college and the category of the applicant. Students from economically poorer areas are exempted from their tuition expenses. B.Sc Food Technology fees often amount to approximately INR 20K-50K each year.