What is MSc in Earth science?
Master of Science in Earth science is a program that maintains a balance between subjects like physical education, atmosphere, biological science, and biology. This course includes detailed knowledge about complex Earth science and elaborates the new tactics in teaching Earth science and its evaluation. The admissions can be done both ways, either merit-based or entrance-based. Masters of Earth science is also known as Geoscience. It is an elaborated study of complex topics such as geology, climatology, oceanography, volcanology, atmospheric physics, etc.
The average fees required to pursue this change are between 5000 to 2 lacs. This is a postgraduate program conducted for up to 2 years, and the examination type is semester-wise. After completing this course, the candidate can earn an average annual salary of upto three lacs to 10 lacs. There are many sectors in which a candidate can find job opportunities; some of the top recruiters are Coal India and mineral exploration Ltd, Hindustan Zinc Ltd, minerals and metals trading corporation (MMTC), central ground water board. That provides job positions like groundwater specialist, geochemist, petroleum engineer, environmental scientist, and many more.
Eligibility criteria for MSc in Earth science
The eligibility criteria for this program do not include any complex conditions.
- An Applicant who wants to pursue this course should have a bachelor's degree.
- A candidate must have physics, chemistry, mathematics, and biological science as previous subjects.
- A candidate must have a score of a minimum of 50% in their graduation degree from any recognized college or university.
- A candidate must be a pass out from 10 + 2 you from a recognized board.
- Few colleges conduct an entrance exam for its admission.
- Admissions can either be given based on their score in previous examinations or based on their score in the entrance exams depending upon the college or university rules.
- There are few popular entrance exams conducted for MSc in Earth science, for example, BHU PET( Banaras Hindu University postgraduate entrance test), DUET ( Delhi University entrance test), etc.
Scope of MSc in Earth science
MSc in earth science is one of the most famous master's courses due to its fantastic future scope. There are numerous methods through which candidates can build a career in this field. Apart from getting jobs, if a student wants to pursue higher degrees after completing this program, they can opt for courses like PHD or M.Phil in science.
Getting a degree in this field can help a student choose a suitable job among the numerous job opportunities. We can quickly get placements in government sectors and private sectors as well. Some of the most popular sectors where a candidate can find suitable job post are at academic institutions, high-level research, in industries, their job includes work like
- Analyzing numerous threats for removing water pollution.
- Scrutinizing the workplace before any economical project taking place.
- Working as a researcher or teaching in colleges or institutions.
- Ensuring that the underground resources like minerals, metals, oil, or gases are efficiently and safely extracted
Career options and job prospects after MSc in Earth science
- Engineering geologist, the salary can be upto 4,78,000 per annum.
- Geo hydrologist, the average annual income can be 7,50,000.
- Geologists, the average yearly salary is 8,23,000.
- Mining engineer, the yearly salary is approximately 6,56,000.
- Geoscientists, the yearly income is around 4,43,000.
So, if you are planning to pursue your course in Earth Science after graduation than this course is the best approach. After researching all of the content regarding the same, come up with the idea that job profiles and opportunities in this course is very good. As well as the payment is very decent. It will be a great option to pursue your education without thinking twice.