Introduction of Diploma in Electrical and Communication Engineering
Diploma in Electrical and Communication Engineering is a 3-year Diploma level degree program consisting of a 6 semester, which is a branch of Electrical Engineering. The course focuses on electrical systems, electronic equipment, hardware and software embedded systems, communication engineering, operation and installation of wired / wireless systems, design of integrated electronic circuits, VLSI, signal processing and sensors, and Engineering. The with the article to grind more about this course.
Course overview of Diploma in Electrical and Communication Engineering
The three-year course is divided into six semesters each. Mathematics is a compulsory subject with a passing grade of 60% in the science stream with 60% marks from a recognized Institute. Candidates are required to pass the JEE, MHT – CET, or the institute's prescribed entrance examination. The average salary of a diploma in Electrical and Communication Engineers ranges from approximately INR 2,00,000 to 12,00,000. Based on experience and other factors salary can increase more.
Eligibility for Diploma in Electrical and Communication Engineering
The eligibility criteria to be followed by all the candidates for qualifying for the Diploma in Electrical and Communication Engineering are as follows:
- Candidates (10 + 2) Must have passed AICTE and State Government Chemistry / Computer Science in Physics and Mathematics as an elective subject and one of the languages of study in English or equivalent examination. Students must have obtained at least 60% marks (40% SC / ST / OBC).
- Candidates seeking admission to the course with a minimum of 10 + 2 or equivalent in Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics are required as the minimum qualification criteria.
- Eligible candidates are required to appear for the JEE Examination or another institute-prescribed entrance examination for admission to the course.
Suitability of Diploma in Electrical & Communication Engineering
- Students must have the ability to experiment, analyze and interpret data in electronics and communication circuits.
- They need to have personal skills as they have to work as a team with others in the construction process.
- They must have good mathematical skills and be able to use the principles of calculus and other advanced mathematics to analyze, design, and solve instruments.
Benefits of studying Diploma in Electrical and communication engineering
- The course is useful for further studies like BE / B. Tech, ME / M. Tech, and M.Phil. And Ph.D.
- Upon completion of the course, students are eligible to work as Electronic Service Engineer / Electronic Hardware, Software Engineer / Maintenance Engineer, etc.
- This provides great opportunities for research and development as everyday customers need new tools to help them in their daily lives.
- The course offers great job opportunities in electronics and software companies.
Jobs after Diploma in Electrical & Communication Engineering
- Technical Director
- Software Analyst
- Field Test Engineer
- Senior Sales Manager
- Network Planning Engineer
- Electronics and Communications Consultant
- Customer Support Engineer
- Service Engineer
Employment field for graduates of diploma in Electrical & Communication Engineering
Candidates with a Diploma in Electrical and Communication Engineering degree have the opportunity to work for Public as well as private companies like Wipro, Yokogawa Electric, Universities, TCL, Tata Steel, Tech Mahindra, Tata Power, Reliance Energy, Adani Power, Grid Corporation of India, GE, Thermal Power Stations, Power Sun, ATS Electromech Pvt. Ltd, Nexgen Careers, Abacus Consultants, Mentor Graphics, ABB, BMW, Sony, HP, CISCO, Asian Paints, L & T Infotech, Philips, Godrej Electrical, and Electronics, Intel, Panasonic, Reliance Communications.
Career Prospect in Diploma in Electrical & Communication Engineering
- The demand for ECE engineers is going to increase exponentially, especially in the field of defense, space and telecommunications, in times to come. Current generation general-purpose microprocessors have Quad Cores, Octa Cores. Artificial intelligence and virtual reality are recent developments. Internet of things, gesture-controlled home automation, and many more things have evolved recently.
- Our needs and demands are set to increase further. 6G will arrive in the market. Artificial intelligence virtual reality will reach new heights. Robotics will give us Butler bots, new companions to help us in daily work.