What is Bachelor of Science Honours (B.Sc. Hons.) Biotechnology?
B.Sc. (Hons.) in Biotechnology is an extensive science topic that unites biological and technological studies. A broader and deeper understanding of the ideas of chemical science, cell biology, biology and computer science is available for candidates. The use of biology with technology enables researchers to apply their expertise in the area of genetic engineering, to use the same for the treatment of diseases, produce new medicines, and make numerous human- and other life-related changes.
The programme supports the foundation for stronger candidates who plan to conduct higher studies in biotechnology, M.Sc., M.Phil and PhD. To carry out laboratory procedures and invent new scientific discoveries, candidates must have patience and scientific abilities. This course requires candidates to possess particular qualities, such as imaginative and far-sighted minds, computer workability, systematic disposition, and the patient will make sure they maximise their profit.
B.Sc (Hons.) Syllabus biotechnology extends across the biotechnological importance and importance in the country's overall growth into various fields of study. Themes included molecular biology, bioinformatics, pharmacography and genomics, plant and animal proteomics, genetic engineering, fermentation and medicine. The curriculum makes knowledge of aspirants practical using projects, presentations and workshops. The students can participate in the diverse aspects of biotechnology during the course, enhancing their professional perspectives.
Only after multimedia shows tremendous career and employment potential is biotechnology considered the second most profitable field. India is the global centre of biotechnology and offers students the possibility to open up a vast field of job options in both India and overseas. Many institutions have their placement units, through which leading corporations hire and absorb deserving candidates. The main objective of this programme is to enable applicants to acquire knowledge, skills and vocation in general.
Eligibility Criteria for Bachelor of Science Honours (B.Sc. Hons.) Biotechnology
The following qualifying criteria must be met by candidates seeking B.Sc (Hons.) admission into the Biotechnology programme:
- Those who have qualified for their 10+2 examination in the science field or an equivalent examination with, intermediately, at a minimum of 50 % marks and more, three subjects of Chemistry, Biology, Mathematics, and Information Technology can apply for admission.
- Some of the entrance exams required for admission in reputed universities and institutions will be cleared for the candidates.
Scopes and Benefits of Bachelor of Science Honours (B.Sc. Hons.) Biotechnology
- As an example for further advanced studies in this subject, such as M.Sc., PhD and M.Phil, the Biotechnology Degree allows one to be an eligible lecturer at any university/college and observer or scientist at successful completion.
- The B.Sc (Hons.) (Biotechnology) graduates are eligible for a job in several biotechnology specialities such as Marine Biotechnology, Medical, Pharmaceutical, Farming and Environmental and Industrial Biotechnology.
- After the multimedia business, biotechnology ranks second as a growth area with enormous jobs.
- India is one of the trendiest countries for biotech.
Career and Job Opportunities after Bachelor of Science Honours (B.Sc. Hons.) Biotechnology
After the multimedia business, biotechnology is the second largest industry with job potential in the country. After completing the course with success, program graduates have great potential in reporting and analysis in areas of IT such as forex income, patent registration, etc. Candidates have been trained to create and perform laboratory work in the field of Biotechnology. A large arena of opportunities in medicine, marine, pharmacology, industry, agriculture, environmental sciences is opened by B.Sc. (Hons.) in Biotechnology. They have scope in the energy, agricultural, food, chemical, and other sectors.
Some of the top recruiting firms are the National Institute of Immunology, National Botanical Research Institute, Tata Energy Research Institute, Centre of Cellular and Molecular Biology, etc.
- Lab Technician gets about 2.5 to 3 lakhs annually.
- An annual remuneration from 2.5 to 4 lakhs for business development management
- Sr.Research Associates a 4 to 5 yearly compensation lakh
- The yearly salary of customer solutions is between 4 and 5 lakhs.
- A yearly compensation expert for around 2 to 3 lakhs
- Sales Coordinator for 3 to 4 lakhs annually
- Annual compensation for 3 - 4 lakhs Laboratory Instructor
Fees Structure & Course Duration Bachelor of Science Honours (B.Sc. Hons.) Biotechnology
3 years graduate course and the cost of the curriculum varies from INR 50,000 to 3 lakh. The fees may change between the universities, based on the standards given down by each institution and university.