What is MSc computer science?
MSc in computer science is a post-graduation program that lasts up to two years. This course aims to develop advanced programming skills and make students capable of forming strategies that involve logical hurdles with the help of a variety of languages in programming. The main objective of this program is to develop software and sharpen networking-based skills. This course is a full-time course, and the admission process is both entrances based and merit-based as well. After completing this course, if a student is working, their initial salary can range from 15000 to 2 lacs. And the average fees required to pursue this course ranges from 30,000 to 3,50,000. The main objective of this course is to develop programming skills in candidate and this course mainly focus on software development skills. If you want to develop your networking skill you can join this course. After completion a lot of options are available to work in this field.
Since in today's generation, there are many students pursuing distance education for this course, some colleges and universities even provide the facility of distance learning in MSC computer science. Example Alagappa University, IGNOU etc.
If you want to know more about the eligibility criteria, entrance examination and future scope than you are at the right place.
Eligibility criteria for MSc computer science
Certain criteria need to be fulfilled by a candidate before getting admission into any college for or MSc in computer science.
- A candidate must pass from 10 + 2 to apply for this course with minimum marks of 50% from any recognized board.
- A candidate must have a bachelor's degree.
- The subjects required for this course are physics, mathematics and computer science.
- The minimum percentage required in the previous degree for this course is 50% from any recognized college or university.
- Few colleges conduct entrance examinations for accepting admissions in their colleges.
- The admission process can be e other entrance based or merit-based depending upon the college or university.
- Some of the top entrance exams conducted for admissions in this force are AIIMS PG Delhi University entrance test (DUET), central universities common entrance test (CUCET), IIT JAM etc.
Scope of MSc computer science
This program is among the most popular courses for the master's degree. Due to the rapid increase in the number of computing applications and their necessity in one's life, many job opportunities in various sectors can be available for students who have completed their studies in this course of MSC in CS. Various job roles are available like IT consultant, IT analyst, technical analyst, network administrator, professor database administrator, web application developer, product development analyst or architect, software designer, software programmer, technical analyst, etc.
Career options and job prospects after MSc computer science
- Programmer, the average annual salary in India is five lacs.
- Computer-aided designer, the average salary can be approximately 3.5 lacs per annum.
- Computer science engineer, the approximate annual salary can be 5.7 lacs.
- Data scientist, the average salary is 8.2 lacs per annum.
- Network engineer, the average annual salary is 3.4 lacs.
- Software engineer, the average salary per year is 5.6 lacs.
- Web designer, the average annual salary is 2.7 lacs.
- Web developer, approximate salary is 3.5 lacs per annum.
So, if you are planning to pursue your course in computer science after graduation than this course is the best approach. After researching all of the content regarding the same, come up with the idea that job profiles and opportunities in this course is very good. As well as the payment is very decent. It will be a great option to pursue your education without thinking twice.