Bachelor of Science Honours (B.Sc. Hons.) Zoology
What is Bachelor of Science Honours (B.Sc. Hons.) in Zoology?
It is a graduate course in Zoology. B.Sc with Zoology specialization studies animal life through the cells and molecular structures of whole creatures and generations. This course focuses on animal biology and covers a wide range of topics, such as animal behaviour, conservation of Wildlife and ecology. The science also covers genetics, biochemistry, and statistics as a foundation for zoology. Zoology is a thorough study of the biological processes of animals, their links to their environments and their key aspects, from molecular to ecological levels, of zoological phenomena. It focuses on the animal structure, its process of functioning, conduct and development.
Students also study the species genesis and their growth, their habits, behavioural characteristics and inter-relationships. The course comprises physiology, biology, immunology, morphology, embryology, cell and genomics, molecular biology, biotechnology, genetic evolution and ecology. B.Sc. (Hons.) (Zoology) is a complete and extensive animal study, in simpler words.
It is a practical curriculum with plenty of opportunities for on-the-spot and laboratory work, creating technical skills and experience for employers in candidates.
This diploma can give the students a broad range of animal studies and natural science jobs and prospects for research. Some channels like National Geographic, Animal Planet, and Discovery Channel provide zoologists with the best offers to work. Furthermore, zoos, wildlife parks and resorts are several primary employment sources for applicants.
Eligibility Criteria for Bachelor of Science Honours (B.Sc. Hons.) in Zoology
- Students aspiring to the B.Sc. (Hons.) (Zoology) degree are required to qualify 10+2 or equivalents in the science stream with at least 50% marks from the country's authorized body in a biology course and/or collectively.
- In addition, reputable institutions and institutes perform entry examinations to receive a B.Sc. (Hons.) Zoology Degree. The graduation courses of these colleges will be chosen based on finishing qualifications, i.e. total marks accumulated in the 10+2 final examinations and the entrance examinations.
Course Benefits of Bachelor of Science Honours (B.Sc. Hons.) in Zoology
- B.Sc. (Hons.) (Botany) is the basis for further studies in this field, such as M.Sc., PhD, and M.Phil. (Life Science, Forestry and Wildlife), in Zoology, as well as in Life Science, Biochemistry, Biophysics, Toxicology, Genetic and Microbiology, Agronomic Entomology, Pharmaceuticals and Forestry, etc.
- B.Sc. (Hons.) (Zoology) can lead to a wide range of professional trajectories in the natural sciences and animal studies, along with research opportunities. The zoo offers an extensive chance on channels including National Geographic, Animal Planet and the Discovery Channel.
- Other prominent sources of employment for graduates from zoology are wildlife parks, zoos, and resorts.
- In marine zoology and oceanography, the graduates of zoology can also do postgraduate studies.
Scopes of Bachelor of Science Honours (B.Sc. Hons.) in Zoology
- For graduates specialized in zoology, a variety of fields are offered.
- In this discipline, you will be responsible for protecting and managing the kingdom of animals and for a career in that field. In addition to employment, they can also study higher education, such as M.Sc, PhD, M.Phil, etc.
- A zoologist could potentially travel because of his/her work nature.
Career and Job Opportunities of Bachelor of Science Honours (B.Sc. Hons.) in Zoology
Due to the necessity to manage and protect the country's Wildlife, various job prospects for candidates in zoology are accessible. Most TV stations, such as Animal Planet, National Geographic and Discovery, offer countless options for documentary filmmakers and different professionals.
There are few places where zoologists can be engaged: National parks, animals, pharmaceutical companies, laboratories, zoos, aquaria, fishing & fishing, museums etc.
They can serve as a wildlife tourist, conservationists, biologists for Wildlife, curators of zoos, educators for nature, zoology faculty, forensic specialists, laboratory technicians and vetters.
The wage relies on a person's ability and many other things. His desire to take on a particular profession is one of the most significant elements that help a person improve in his job. If a person picks zoology as a field because of its deep passion, they are certainly growing. Candidates holding a masters degree in Zoology have an average salary package of 4-5 lakh/month.
- In general, wildlife biologists receive an annual salary of Rs 5 lakh.
- Animal caretakers receive a yearly wage between three and four lakes.
- The Annual pay of INR 5 to 6 Lacs is for Conservationists.
- INR 6 to 7 Lacs are paid to a forensic expert annually
- INR 8 to 9 lakes are paid to Wildlife Biologist per year
- Annually, INR 7 to 8 lakes are paid by ZooKeeper
Fees Structure & Course Duration of Bachelor of Science Honours (B.Sc. Hons.) in Zoology
Duration of the course is 3 years. For the Indian course, the average tuition expense is between INR 5000 and 2,00,000 over three years.