About B.Com LLB
B.Com and LLB are combined. and academic LLB programs. B.Com denotes a Bachelor of Commerce degree. It is a college program in the field of commerce. whereas the LLB is a program for postgraduates. Bachelor of Legislative Law is its abbreviation. An LLB course can be taken by anyone who has successfully completed an undergraduate degree program. Students who earn a B.Com. LLB can pursue careers as corporate lawyers, legal advisors, law officers, and more. The best part is that students can earn two undergraduate degrees in just five years.
How does the full B.Com LLB sound?
An integrated undergraduate dual degree program is the B.Com LLB. Bachelor of Legislative Law-Bachelor of Commerce is its full name. Candidates' performance on a variety of law school entrance exams determines their chances of being accepted into this program. A minimum of a 10+2 in commerce with major subjects like economics, business management studies, statistics, and mathematics from a recognized board is required of applicants.
B.Com LLB Highlights
|Name of Course||Bachelor of Commerce + Bachelor of Legislative Law|
|Course Type||Full-time integrated degree course|
|Duration of the Course||5 Years|
|Requirement for Internship||Mandatory|
|Duration of Internship||20 Weeks|
|Eligibility||Aspirants must obtain a minimum percentage of 50% in 10+2 from a recognized education board|
|Admission and Entrance Exams||B.Com LLB admission is both entrance and merit-based. Most colleges/universities conduct their entrance tests or use scores of national-level common exams like CLAT, LSAT, etc. to allocate colleges|
B.Com LLB Fee Structure
The B.Com. LLB course fee structure can vary by type of college. The minimum course fee for state and federally funded public colleges is Rs. 28,000, with a maximum payment of Rs. 9.18 lakhs. However, private colleges charge significantly more for their courses. The bare minimum tuition is Rs. 1.65 lakhs, with a maximum tuition of Rs. 13.20 lakhs.
The advantages of a B.Com. LLB integrated degree are numerous.
The following are some of the benefits of getting a dual degree:
i. Dual Degree in Law and Business: The coordinated course is an extraordinary chance for individuals who have an interest in business as well as regulation.
ii. Save one year: Both of the courses can be completed in five years. Additionally, you won't have to deal with the hassle of taking a separate entrance exam for the LLB degree.
iii. More Job Possibilities: You are qualified for better job opportunities because you have a dual degree in law and commerce.
B.Com LLB Eligibility
Different colleges may have different eligibility requirements for admission to the B.Com LLB course. However, most criteria for eligibility are the same across institutions. Co The following are the fundamental eligibility requirements for the B.Com. LLB programas
B.Com LLB Eligibility Criteria
|10+2 Stream||Candidates from any stream can apply for the course. However, candidates from commerce stream are preferred|
|Maximum Age||20 years for general category, 22 years for SC/ST/OBC category|
|Cut-Off Marks||Aggregate marks should not be less than 45% for general category, 40% for SC/ST/OBC category|
i. Candidates must have passed the 10+2 examinations with a score of at least 45% from a board that is recognized.
ii. Candidates who have completed their 10+2 through correspondence or distance learning are also eligible for admission.
iii. Common B.Com LLB entrance tests can also be taken by those awaiting their 10+2 results. However, after passing the exam, candidates must bring the mark sheet to the interview.
iv. Merit and the results of the entrance exam are the only criteria for admission to the B.Com. LLB program. Candidates are required to take the CLAT exam for some public and private institutions. Interviews can also be used by institutes to evaluate candidates.
Skills Required for B.Com LLB
An ideal B.Com. LLB candidate should have excellent Hindi or English communication and comprehension skills. To succeed in the B.Com. LLB program, applicants must possess the following essential skills in addition to the primary eligibility requirements–
|Presentation Skills||Research Skills|
|Business Knowledge||Presentation Skills|
|Ability to Judge||Persuasive Skills|
B.Com LLB Admission Process
However, for the majority of elite schools, students must take an entrance exam. To get into some of the best Indian colleges that offer B.Com LLB courses, applicants must meet the eligibility requirements and pass the entrance exam.
Entrance Exam for B.Com. L.L.B. Because B.Com. L.L.B. is a specialized course, various institutions hold their own admissions entrance exams. Most of the time, scores from the entrance exam and personal interviews are used to narrow down the list of worthy students. However, in order to admit students to the B.Com LLB course, some universities also use a direct, merit-based admissions procedure.
Numerous Indian colleges and universities take into account scores from national-level common entrance exams like the CLAT and LSAT India in addition to entrance tests.
1) The CLAT (Common Law Admission Test) is a centralized, national-level entrance exam administered by the 22 national law schools and universities to applicants seeking admission to undergraduate and graduate law programs. Quantitative Aptitude, Verbal Ability, Legal Aptitude, General Knowledge, and Logical Reasoning are the five MCQ-based sections of the exam.
2) LSAT (Law School Admission Test) India – Conducted by the Law School Admission Council (LSAC), this national-level entrance test is accepted by 55 colleges across India. CLAT Exam Pattern, CLAT Syllabus, and CLAT Cut Off This offline test takes 2 hours and 20 minutes to complete once a year and is held in person. Each section, Analytical Reasoning, First Logical Reasoning, Second Logical Reasoning, and Reading Comprehension, has a 35-minute time limit.
3) LSAT India Exam Pattern, Syllabus, and Cut Off The MH CET Law (Maharashtra Common Entrance Test) is also a two-hour national-level entrance exam that is held once a year. Nearly 19,000 candidates take this exam each year, and 120 colleges accept it. Students must answer the five sections of this offline test: English, Legal Aptitude and Reasoning, Logical Reasoning, General Knowledge and Current Affairs, and Mathematics.
4) The ICFAI Law School administers the ILSAT (ICFAI Law Admission Test), a two-hour entrance exam, once a year. MH CET Law Exam Pattern, MH CET Law Syllabus, and MH CET Law Cut Off English, Logical and Analytical Reasoning, Legal Reasoning, and General Knowledge and Current Affairs are the four sections of this online exam. On August 20, the ISAT exam for 2020 is scheduled to take place.
5) Osmania University in Hyderabad administers the state-level TS LAWCET (Telangana State Common Law Entrance Test). The online test lasts one hour and thirty minutes. Nearly 30,000 people take the test each year, and 21 law schools in Telangana accept it.
6) The Andhra Pradesh Common Law Entrance Test (AP LAWCET) is administered by Sri Krishnadevaraya University on behalf of the Andhra Pradesh State Council of Higher Education (APSCHE). The online exam lasts for 90 minutes. TS LAWCET Exam Pattern 2021 TS LAWCET Syllabus 2021 TS LAWCET Cut Off 2021.
B.Com LLB Cut Off
A cutoff is the established eligibility criteria based on the merit score of previous examinations or entrance exams administered by colleges, universities, and authorities at the national and state levels. Every year, the minimum rank or score required for admission is announced. If a score or rank is equivalent to or above the cutoff, they are eligible to continue the admissions process and secure a seat in the appropriate college course.