(1)About BHU PET
The BHU PET 2023 entrance test will be used to select applicants for its postgraduate programs. The application form must be completed and submitted by the deadline for candidates who are interested in applying. Only the online application form will be available. It is essential for all applicants to confirm their eligibility prior to submitting an application. The entrance exam (a computer-based test) will only be offered online.
PET 2023 Highlights
|Exam Name||Banaras Hindu University Postgraduate Entrance Test (BHU PET)|
|Organization Name||Banaras Hindu University (BHU)|
|Exam Types||Postgraduate Entrance Test (PET)|
|Exam Level||University Level|
|Courses offered||To provide admissions into various PG courses|
|Exam Mode||Online Mode|
|Entrance Exam Portal||bhuonline.in|
(2) BHU PET 2023 Dates (Tentative)
|Availability of Application Form||2nd week of August 2023|
|Last date to submit the application form||1st week of September 2023|
|Last date to change the test center||1st week of September 2023|
|Availability of the admit card||2nd week of September 2023|
|Date of examination||4th week of September 2023|
|Releasing of provisional Answer||1st week of October 2023|
|Last date to challenge the Answer keys||1st week of October 2023|
|Declaration of result||2nd week of October 2023|
(3) BHU PET 2023 Application Form
The BHU PET 2023 entrance exam application form will only be made available online. For more information and to submit an application, go to the BHU website.
1. Candidates must begin the registration process on the official website first.
2. During the registration process, applicants must provide some fundamental information, such as their name, date of birth, email address, mobile phone number, and so on.
3. After registering, candidates are required to provide information about their photo identification documents. This can be done with passports, Aadhaar cards, Indian Election Commission voter IDs, bank passbooks with pictures, driving licenses, pan cards, any other valid government ID numbers, and admission cards from the concerned boards.
4. After that, applicants are required to log in and finish the main application form.
5. The application form must contain the necessary personal, contact, and educational qualifications for candidates.
6. Candidates must also scan and upload their photo and signature in accordance with the portal's instructions.
7. In the subsequent step, applicants must pay the required application fee.
8. After submitting their application and payment, candidates are required to print their completed application form and fee receipt for future use.
(4) BHU PET 2023 Application Fee
The application fee varies by category, as
will be discussed further down.
|Course||SC/ ST/ PC||Others|
|All courses||Rs. 300/-||Rs. 600/-|
|Additional courses (in case of applying for more than one course)||Rs. 200/-||Rs. 400/-|
(6) BHU PET Courses
The following are the list of courses in BHU PET which is a follow-
M.Sc in Health Sciences
M.Sc in Bioinformatics
M.Sc in Molecular and Human Genetics
M.Sc (Maths, Statistics), M.Sc (Physics, Chemistry), M.Sc (Tech), Geophysics
M.Sc in Applied Microbiology
M.Sc in Environmental Science
M.Sc (M.Tech) Geology and M.Sc in Petroleum Geosciences
M.Sc in Statistics and Technology
M.Sc in Computational Science and Application in Signal Processing
M.Sc in Forensic Science
M.Sc in Food Science & Technology
M.Sc in Plant Biotechnology
MA in Arts and Social Sciences
(7) BHU PET 2023 Examination Pattern
The following are the examination pattern for BHU PET-
|Courses||Time Duration||Maximum Marks||Number of Questions|
|M.Sc in Health Sciences||150 minutes||450||150|
|M.Sc in Bioinformatics||150 minutes||450||150|
|M.Sc in Molecular and Human Genetics||2 hours||450||150|
|M.Sc (Maths, Statistics), M.Sc (Physics, Chemistry), M.Sc (Tech), Geophysics||150 minutes||450||150|
|M.Sc in Applied Microbiology||150 minutes||450||150|
|M.Sc in Environmental Science||2 hours||360||100|
|M.Sc (M.Tech) Geology and M.Sc in Petroleum Geosciences||150 minutes||450||150|
|M.Sc in Statistics and Technology||150 minutes||450||150|
|M.Sc in Computational Science and Application in Signal Processing||150 minutes||450||150|
|M.Sc in Forensic Science||120 minutes||360||300|
|M.Sc in Food Science & Technology||120 minutes||360||120|
|M.Sc in Plant Biotechnology||120 minutes||360||120|
|MA in Arts and Social Sciences||2 hours||360||120|
(8) BHU PET 2023 Syllabus
The following are the syllabus of the BHU PET entrance examination-
|For M.A. in Linguistic/ Nepali/ Arabic/French/German/ Marathi/Persian/Telugu/ Indian Philosophy and Religion (IPR) / History of Art/ Pali/ Sanskrit||Current Affairs and General Knowledge; Language Proficiency in Concerned Language; Logical Quantitative and Analytical Abilities and Aptitude (inferences from percentages, tables, graphs, etc.)|
|For M.A in Economics/History/Political Science/Sociology/Psychology||Multiple-choice questions will be based on Social Sciences such as Economics, History, Political Science, Sociology, Psychology, Rural Development, Management, Biology and Cultural Studies.|
|For M. Com||Questions based on the Qualifying Examination.|
|For M.Sc. in Physics/Chemistry/Geology/ Zoology/Botany/Computer Sciences/Biochemistry/Geophysics||Multiple-choice questions on Physics, Mathematics, Geophysics, Biology, Chemistry and based on the concerned subject.|
|M.Sc. In Computer Science||Questions on Basic Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science.|
|M.Sc. in Biochemistry||Questions based on Biochemistry and Chemistry|
|M.Sc. (Tech) in Geophysics||Questions on Geophysics, Mathematics and Physics|
|M.Sc. In Geology||Multiple choice questions on Geology of the qualifying exam.|
|M.Sc. In Botany/ Zoology||Multiple choice questions on Biology, Botany and Zoology|
|M.Sc. In Statistics||Multiple-choice questions on Mathematics and Statistics|
|For Language and Linguistic Courses||Multiple choice questions on Language Proficiency, Basic Grammar, Standardization of the concerned language, Technical words, Translation, etc.|
(9) BHU PET 2023 Result
The examination's outcome will be made public within a few months of its conclusion. In addition to the result, a cut-off, or the minimum score a candidate must earn in order to be admitted, will be announced. The Banaras Hindu University's official website provides access to the BHU PET Result.
(10) BHU PET Examination Center
The following are the examination center for BHU PET-
(11) BHU PET 2023 Admit Card
The admit card can be downloaded from the official website. Candidates taking part in the BHU PET must strictly adhere to the instructions on their admit card.
(12) Answer Key for BHU PET 2023:
The solution key will be made available online. It will be released by the end of May. Candidates will be able to view the answer key for each set, including Set 1, Set 2, and Set 3, among others, in PDF format.
(13) BHU PET 2023 Selection Criteria:
The candidate will have the opportunity to participate in admission rounds if they achieve the required cutoff scores. Every category and program has its own set of threshold scores. The online method will also be used to prepare and distribute the merit list. The candidate's scores in the university's examination and reservation policy will be used to compile this list.
(14) BHU PET 2023 Counseling
The counseling process is the final step in a candidate's admission to the PET course after they have passed the entrance exam. In this scenario, you will need to confirm your seat at the venue on the date specified and bring the required documents. You must also select the college you want to attend -
The following are the document that you have to carry when visiting the counselling session-
1. Class 10 /high school or its equivalent examination certificate
2. Class 12 marks sheet/ grade sheet or equivalent qualifying
3. 10 recent color photographs
4. Graduate Degree/ Marks Sheet
5. Migration/ transfer/ character certificate from the last attended institution
6. SC/ST/OBC Category certificates (if any)