A detailed procedure to fill out an application for CAT with
the most important points to be included in the CAT.
To assist you in filling out the application smoothly and without hassle We have provided the complete guide to the CAT registration. In addition to the steps for applying you'll be provided with all the required details.
The CAT is the most sought-after MBA entrance test, which is conducted for admissions to more than 100 of the top B-schools in India. The exam is administered by IIMs each year during November. Based on the scores of the CAT, IIMs shortlist candidates for admission rounds. IIMs alone have more than 5500 seats in different management programs.
Around 2.5 lakh candidates are eligible to take the CAT exam every year. Of these, more than 80% take the test. IIM Bangalore will conduct CAT during the month of November. The registration for CAT starts in August and will end in September.
CAT Registration: Overview
The CAT application must be filled out online only. The application form for CAT has to be completed in three simple steps. To assist candidates in the registration process for CAT, CAT Centre releases an official guide along with an application video that provides the important rules to follow and the don'ts to avoid.
Here are the key steps required to register CAT:
· Creating a Profile
· Logging in to the CAT Website (with the system generated user ID and password)
· Submitting the Application Form for CAT (Entering the required information and making an payment via the internet)
CAT Registration: Things to Remember
When filling out the online form make sure you be aware of the following things in your mind:
· The registration period for CAT opens for 45 days after the starting day of registration.
· When you fill out the online application for CAT, you'll be required to select the appropriate management courses in all 20 IIMs.
· Please read carefully the instructions at the top of the application form before you begin filling in the form.
· Your application will be regarded as invalid if you provide an incorrect or incomplete application. Furthermore, the registration fee is forfeited.
· You are able to save and exit the registration form at any time times to modify and finish it again until you are ready to complete the application.
· You can pick six test cities according to your preferences and then put them in the preferred order for the CAT.
· The fee can be paid after you have completed the online application and registration.
· Your application is not complete and you won't be allowed to sit for an exam for CAT if you don't pay the required exam fee.
Documents Required for CAT Registration:
Other than the items mentioned above You will require a few documents to fill out the application form. Below is a list of the documents you'll need to fill out your CAT application form:
1. The marksheets for class 10 10th 12 the
2. Bachelor's degree or diploma, as well as higher education, if there is any.
3. Certificate of work experience in the event of a need.
4. Scanned copies of your passport size photograph and signature. (The photo shouldn't exceed six months old, and must be white with a background).
5. The passport size photo must be of dimensions 35mm X 45mm. The scan of signatures should have dimensions of 1000mm X35 mm. Both files should have .jpg as well as .jpeg format. The size of the file should not exceed 80KB in each. The image should be clear and have at least 150px resolution.
6. Certificates that are valid must be uploaded.
7. Instruments for payment of fees to pay the CAT exam fee: Debit/Credit credit cards, online banking etc.
It is also recommended to make an inventory of IIM programs you'd like to apply.
CAT Registration Fees
The cost for registration in CAT is the cost for registration is Rs. 2300+ (for the general class) or Rs. 1100 (for SC, ST and PwD applicants). This covers fees for CAT registration (for SC, ST and PwD candidates) as well IIM application fees. IIM fee for application. Once you have paid the amount it is not necessary to pay any additional fee to apply to any of the any of the other 20 IIMs.
“Did you know that over the past 14 years, the most applications for CAT was made in the year 2008? The total number of 2.90 lakh applicants had applied for CAT that year.”
Apart from the 20 IIMs there are many best-ranked schools across the country which accept CAT scores for admission to their management programs. B-schools such as MDI Gurgaon, FMS Delhi, IMI New Delhi, IIT Roorkee and 500 more Business schools accept CAT scores. To be admitted to one of these top institutions it is necessary to pass CAT and score highly.
CAT Registration: Detailed Step-by-Step Process
The complete CAT registration and application procedure is explained in the following manner:
Step 1 - CAT Registration
1. Visit the official website () and click on "Register Now'. It will then generate an account login password.
2. Input the required information (Name, Date of Birth, E-mail Address along with your Mobile number) in the fields that are provided. Make sure you've completed the form with the correct information particularly the contact details to ensure that you don't have any issues receiving the information on the examination. Go through the following instructions while filling up the fields in CAT registration/application form:
· Name - Name should match as that listed in the 10th Standard or SSC Certificate. If you have an alteration in your names due to marriage, divorce or other reason, then you'll require an acceptable certificate (court an affidavit/marry certificate) to confirm the new name.
· Birth date - Be cautious when using the calendar online to input your birth date.
· Email address - The email ID must be valid. The username/CAT ID will be emailed to the email address. For candidates from overseas the Username along with Password will be delivered via email.
· Mobile number - Your mobile phone number needs to be valid since your password is sent by SMS from this number. The number must be India located and have 10 numbers. Other mobile numbers must be preceded by” area code.
1. After filling in the information After filling in the details, you must enter the captcha shown on the screen in order to verify that you are authenticating your account with the CAT.
2. You will receive your login details to CAT by Email or SMS. The User ID/CAT Serial Number will be delivered via email to your address supplied by you. Password will be sent by SMS to your mobile number that you have registered.
3. Choose" Yes' checkbox to guarantee the completion of your completed CAT registration form.
Step 2 - Login to CAT Website
It is the next thing to do: sign in to the official website with the computer-generated User ID and Password, and then fill out the CAT application form. If you have forgotten your password, simply click the "Forgot Password option on the login 'Existing User' window. A New password will be sent out to the email address you registered.
Make sure to keep the following tips in mind when filling out the application form in its entirety:
· The "*"-marked fields are required to fill in.
· It is necessary to fill in the entire required form and upload scans of the documents required.
· Before you proceed to the next section, you must click ' Save & Continue'.
· Use the mouse to navigate onto the following field instead pressing the Tab key.
· It is possible to finish the application over multiple sessions by logging into the following session. Make sure you have correctly saved the fields on the application form prior to logging out of previous sessions.
· After you have paid the fee for application After the application fee has been paid, you are not permitted to make any changes in the information or the documents you have submitted.
Step 3. Step 3 - Fill in and submit the CAT Registration Formula
After you log into your account, you are able to begin filling out the CAT application form. The application form is typically divided into five parts:
1. Personal Details:
It includes: Name,
father's/husband's/guardian's name, mother's name, date of birth, candidate's
gender, category, communication address, mobile number and email address.
The person applying for the SC/ST/OBC must give details such as that of the serial numbers of the caste/tribe, state/UT of the caste/tribe as well as the name of the caste or tribe. If the candidate falls under the PWD category, or must select the "Yes" option and give details such as the PWD category as well as disability percentage.
Additionally, you'll need to upload a scan from the following papers:
· A passport-sized photograph and signature
· Document proving the category If appropriate
· PWD/DA certificate, if appropriate
You are required to record your previous academic records for the following: SSC/10 10th standard/equivalent information HSC/12 the equivalent details, bachelor's details master's details, bachelor's degree details and any other details of your professional degree.
3. Work Experience:
In the case of full-time work experience, you'll have to provide the following information including: the industry you work in and your previous experience (in month length).
Only experience with a full-time job after graduation date will be taken into consideration. Part-time, project or internship/pre-graduation work experiences should not be included and cannot be considered to be work experience.
Within this area, you'll be required to choose the programs you'd like to apply to. You are able to select one or more programs. In each programme you must choose a city for your interview.
In addition, you'll have chosen from four cities for testing in the dropdown menu. Following the deadline for registration you will be allocated one of the four most preferred cities, and one of the two chosen sessions.
You are able to pay the application fee using a credit card or debit card. Banking once you have confirmed the information completed on the form. Following the successful transaction, you will be taken to the Summary of the Application Summary which will include your transaction's number.
Mistakes to Avoid While Filing CAT Registration Form
In their jitters and rush the candidates are often making mistakes during exam registration. Sometimes, tiny mistakes can cause rejection of your application. Use the tips below to avoid making these mistakes:
· Verify the spellings of the information that you fill in on the form.
· Make sure to make use of the mouse and move forward, instead of using the Tab key.
· If you fill out the form over several sessions Make sure to save your information each time.
· You are not able to alter your details after you have submitted the fee. Therefore, ensure that you've entered the correct information before making the payment.
· Use the suggested web browser to fill out the CAT form.
In the end you will get an email confirmation of your application to your email address registered. The email includes information on communications and CAT admit card information. Only you can show up in the time slot you have been allocated.
CAT Registration: Admission to 20 IIMs
After you've completed your CAT registration and participated in the CAT test You are now eligible to apply to any from the 20 IIMs. Admission to IIMs is determined by your scores on the CAT, your academic profile along with work experience and your performance in the screening rounds. Therefore, if you have a fantastic CAT score, you stand the possibility that you will be considered for admission to the best IIMs. Here are the top 20 IIMs to be considered for admission:
Make sure you bring the Original Photo ID proof, along with you admit cards, to the examination venue.