(1)About UOMPET exam
The University of Mumbai is one of India's oldest and most prestigious institutions. It was founded in 1857, making it one of the first three universities in a very long time. In accordance with a warning issued by the Government of Maharashtra and published in the Government Gazette on September 4, 1996, the University's name has been changed from "College of Bombay" to "College of Mumbai" as part of the ongoing shift from Bombay to Mumbai for the benefit of the city. The National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC) awarded the university five stars in 2001 and an "A" grade in April 2012. This university's profile over its 161 years of existence demonstrates its complex accomplishments as a scholarly and trustworthy public force. By actively carrying an ever-increasing array of social qualities and opportunities, the University has consistently provided its best to the nation as a whole and the city of Mumbai in particular.
At first, the university's efforts were centered on directing assessments and controlling undergraduate education. At the Post-Graduate level, it took on research and the task of giving directions. The School of Sociology and Civics and Politics were the first of the University Departments to be established as a result of this. With the passing of the Bombay University Act of 1953, the nation's liberation prompted the re-association of the University's capacities and forces. It has two zones with 243 sections of land each, with 14 sections each at Vidyanagari and Fort; sub-grounds/focuses at Ratnagiri, which consists of 20 sections of land, Thane, which consists of 6.50 sections of land, and Kalyan, which consists of 6.26 sections of land. There are 60 university departments and institutes and 749 affiliated schools. It offers a variety of expert courses and has established itself as a household name in mechanical and international coordinated efforts.
Important Points About UOMPET
· The University of Mumbai's vision statement, which can be found below, reflects its firm belief in providing excellent comprehensive instruction:
· To maintain a consistent level of quality and comprehensive awareness, to hold the firm belief that knowledge enhances personal fulfillment while also cultivating strong character, and to use our natural interests to produce skilled labor for a nation that is engaged in excellent education, drawing inability, cultivating imagination, exploration, and advancement.
· To allow students to think creatively and freely, as well as to provide them with solid disciplinary knowledge and the ability to transfer data across disciplines so that they can become problem solvers, innovators, and business visionaries;
· To collect and send evaluations of honesty, correspondence, pride, and inclusion;
· To use available resources and ventures in hasty ways;
· To attempt research in remote and developing regions to advance knowledge and, through development, transform it into licensed innovation and business to accelerate development;
(2) UOMPET Subjects offered for doctrate course
Ph.D. (Journalism and Mass Communication)
Ph.D. (Management Studies)
Ph.D. (Information Technology)
Ph.D. (Physical Education)
Ph.D. (Library & Information Science)
Ph.D. (African Studies)
Ph.D. Chemical Science
PH.D in Life Science
Ph.D. Nanoscience and Technology
(3) UOMPET 2023 Eligibility criteria
· Those from the SC, ST, and OBC groups may be granted a relaxation of 5% of their marks from 55% to 50%.
· A candidate with a Master of Philosophy degree coursework with a minimum grade of 55%. Those who identify as SC/ST/OBC may be granted a relaxation of 5% of their marks ranging from 55% to 50%.
· Weight as a percentage of the Sr. NET/SLET (SET)/M.Phil. 10% NET/SLET (SET)/M.Phil. 10% NET/SLET (SET)/M.Phil. 10% Fellowship (UGC/CISR) 10%
(4) UOMPET 2023 Application Form
Application form made available both online and offline mode candidates have choice to take any mode for application.
How to apply online for UOMPET Exam
· Enter your email address and secret phrase below to join.
· After completing your registration, click on to access your record.
· To begin filling out your Ph.D. Application form, click the link in the left menu board after logging in.
· The application form has six pages and six steps, each of which requires you to fill out your application forms one at a time, providing Redstar with every required detail.
· The candidate may save the application form up to their final completion.
· The candidate must submit their application within 30 days of signing up, or their information will be automatically deleted from the server.
· After receiving the form, the candidate is unable to implement any improvements. It is recommended that you verify the accuracy, clarity, and veracity of the information provided on each page of the online application.
· To complete the online accommodation process, click the Submit button after you have successfully completed the form.
· The candidate should have the following information on hand before filling out the online application.
· The candidate's functional mobile number and email ID.
· A color copy of the candidate's passport-size photograph
· The candidate's signature as scanned.
· The candidate's residence or contact information.
· The final certificates and marks from the qualifying exam.
· Bank or challan payments will not be accepted in person; only online payments will be accepted.
· Candidates from universities other than Mumbai University or the Maharashtra State Board must obtain approval from the IDOL Eligibility Unit prior to payments.
(5) The procedure of allocation/allotment of Research Supervisor for UOMPET 2023
· The Research Supervisor Allocation board of trustees (RSAC) will distribute the Research Supervisor to qualified newcomers based on the number of available seats per research director in the subject, specialization among the bosses, and the research enthusiasm of the understudy as demonstrated in the application structure.
· The applicants and students are instructed to keep and memorize the User Id and Password for all future requirements.
· The procedure for allocating the Research Supervisor for UOMPET 2023 In each subject, only a predetermined number of rising stars may be considered for allocation.
(6) Library Facility for research course
Students' access to a library Premchand Roychand, a merchant ruler of Bombay, presented the University with a donation of Rs. in August 1864. 2,00,000 "towards the erection of a college library that might be a decoration to the city, and by becoming a storage facility of the learned works, of the past as well as of many ages to come, might be the methods for advancing the high levels of the University," according to the project's mission statement.
This blessing was followed by another Rs endowment two months later. 2,00,000 from a similar donor to build a clock tower near the library to honor his mother, Mrs. Rajabai. On March 1, 1869, the Rajabai Clock tower and library's foundation stone were laid, and construction was completed in November 1878. After a conversation with the Chancellor, on February 27, 1880, it was officially opened to visitors. The structure also served as the setting for the postgraduate talk and housed the library and regulatory office at the time.