ONLINE MBA:- Online MBA is a master’s degree in business administration which is a 2 years program where you learn all the business skills and management skills through online mode. A Master of Business Administration has always been an option for people who think they need an addition to their current career graph.
In an online MBA program, you can interact virtually with classmates and instructors. If you do not have enough experience with computers, this type of program has the added benefit of familiarizing you with the technology. These computer and Internet skills could benefit you later in your management career. You can even experience the traditional classroom model of asking your instructor questions, discussing them with your classmates, and possibly viewing videos or listening to lectures. An online MBA could add flexibility, while you can earn a degree from an international school that confers the same degree to you and students on campus. Many institutions have started offering job placement services also, check to see if your prospective programs provide this.
Online MBAs do not need to use the postal system. So, you don't need to worry about delayed study materials when studying online. Both MBA options could provide information relevant to your professional ambitions.
Here is a list is given below which helps you to know about the pros and cons of having an online MBA degree:
|Advantages || Disadvantages|
|Flexibility ||Lack of campus experience|
|Creditability||Balanced study with commitments|
|Cost efficiency||Longer time|
Now, these points are explained one by one in detail-
1. Flexibility-Unlike a conventional MBA degree, an online MBA offers you the flexibility to pursue the program even with your busy schedule. You can complete an online MBA course from anywhere in the world and at your convenience.
2. Credibility-As, not all online MBA programs are the same and it differs from one institution to the other, the credibility of the program is also affected by accreditations. Most companies always look for MBA graduates who have qualifications from reputable institutions with good accreditation. This significantly intensifies their value and credibility.
3. Cost Efficiency-One of the most important advantages of an online MBA is its cost-effectiveness. Compared to offline MBA programs, online MBA programs have less fees. This is mainly because of their low operating costs. You can choose a longer online MBA course by paying your monthly payments which makes it more affordable.
4. Reputation-There are many best online MBA programs offered by reputed universities and business schools across India and the world. Pursuing these programs will not only instill in you essential business and management skills but also increase your reputation and make you a valuable asset for organizations.
Like advantages, an online MBA also contains some disadvantages
which are as under-
1. Lack of Campus Experience-When it comes to online learning, you will probably miss out on the experience that in-person or on-campus learning offers. When you join a conventional MBA degree, you not only learn the curriculum but also the experience. In some cases, the same feel and atmosphere can become difficult to replace by short projects and programs on campus conducted for online students
2. Study Balance with Other Commitments-In a full-time, on-campus MBA program, you can prioritize your studies and focus on your program. Conversely, the online MBA requires you to balance your work and other commitments with your study. You will have to find time in a busy schedule to complete your coursework through your self-discipline and time management skills.
3. Longer Time-Most students enroll in an online MBA while working or engaged with other commitments. This may take a longer time to complete the course compared to regular MBA programs. This is why most universities/institutions offer online MBA programs with an extended duration of four years. However, there are also many short-duration online MBA programs that may be cost-effective but can result in a rushed experience.
4. Technology Cost-It is no surprise that the tuition fees for online courses, in some cases, are lower than the offline ones. But you might need to spend money on advanced, secured devices that make online learning possible. The same goes for the best online MBA programs. You will need to invest in a personal computer, laptop, tablet, or smartphone, along with reliable, high-speed internet. You will also need to have a power backup system to overcome power outages. So, to have these facilities for your online MBA course without any interruptions, you will spend some money.
Yes, it is worth doing an online MBA. This is because online education, and especially online MBA programs, delivers broad and interactive learning experiences that can be considered a viable alternative to location-based traditional education. Online MBAs are normally cheaper and can be studied from anywhere at any time according to the student's convenience. For an online MBA, flexibility is also another great advantage, especially for students who are currently employed. The student can study at any time from any location and does not have to quit their job or spend precious hours commuting or sitting in classrooms. Not only this, lectures can be accessed at any time, which means that very little time will be wasted waiting for professors or traveling through rush-hour traffic.
So here we can say that an online MBA is also worthy as like a regular and distance MBA.