Before proceeding toward the main concept of this article you have to know about the term distance education. Because we know that it is a form of education through which people are able to complete their higher education. This kind of education helps to create a bridge between responsibility and higher education. Sometimes people have to leave their education in mid due to their responsibility and any other reason. Distance education helps these peoples and encourage them toward their higher education.
First, we will discuss a few things about distance education and after that, we discuss the main concept of this article:-
Distance education refers to a mode of transferring knowledge by the teachers to their students using different media of interaction. The instructions take place between a teacher and a student when they are separated by physical distance and communication takes place with the help of one or more technological media.
This is a modern way of learning that allows a student to study within their own space and time without being physically present in school/college/university.
If you think about distance education then you definitely want to know everything about it. Just like a coin have two sides and at one time you are able to see only one side of the coin. Same that everything has two sides one side is full of positive affect and side by side another side includes some negative affect of the same thing. If we see the plus points of distance education at the same time we have to accept the minus points of this education system also. Because if we think to accept a thing so we have to be ready for accepting both sides the pros as well as cons of the same thing. Now we will discuss the +ve as well as –ve side of distance education.
1. To Learn At Any Time- distance education helps to provide an opportunity to their student they can learn at any time according to their convenience. It helps their students to learn at the time when they want to learn. No time bar is here in this education.
2. To Study At Your Own Pace- this way of education helps the student to learn their previous at any time when they want to learn and if they didn’t clear any concept of the previous class they are able to see their previous class because these are available in video lecture forms. And if they miss any previous classes. They are able to repeat at any time and from anywhere when they want.
3. Study from Any Place- this education system helps a student to no need to be physically present in school/college/university. Students are able to learn from anywhere. Physical presentation of a student inside a boundary is not mandatory.
4. Helps to Provide On-The-Job Training- it helps the student not to visit any particular place for getting the training. People are able to get training in the particular place in which they are working. They didn’t have any need to join other specific areas to get training. The professional work experience they have is also considered as on-the-job training.
5. Offer’s Mobility- this education system helps to provide a facility for their student to communicate with their teachers/tutors through online and offline. It is a little bit difficult to schedule a face-to-face meeting with tutors and it takes time to schedule it. Students can able to get instant responses through the mail and they get a fast answer related to their as compared to fixing an offline meeting.
6. Availability of Training Material- after the registration of students is done on the university website they are able to get access to all information and the study material will be sent to their registered mail id by the university.
7. Cheaper Education- if we compare a regular and a remote education second will be cheaper. Because a student doesn’t have to pay for travel, accommodation, and any other kind of expenses that are needed to bear to accomplish a regular degree from a foreign university or any other university for which students have to move from one place to another.
8. Convenient For The Teacher- teachers/tutors who teach remotely can able to pay attention to more students. And they are able to teach students if they are on leave. Maternity leave is a good example.
1. Strong Motivation- it required a strong motivation to learn anything or study a course in distance education. When we start studying any subject ourselves and we are not able to clear our concept that time we feel so much de-motivated and want to let it go. But if you entered into distance education you have to be motivated to face such kinds of problems that will come to your path when you enrolled yourself in distance education.
2. Lack Of Communication Skills- this education system is not able to develop communication skills in students. Because all material will available us through the mail. This system of education is not helpful to the student in improving their communication skill.
3. Practical Knowledge- this education system is not able to enhance practical knowledge in students. So we can say that it is a major drawback of distance education which will face by the students.
M.Com or Masters of Commerce is a two-year post-graduate level course ideal for candidates who wish to make a career in banking financial services and insurance (BFSI) as well as accounting and commerce sectors. The two-year course delves deeper into the functioning of the economy, capital, revenue, trade, taxes, etc. taught in B.Com. M.Com is a very versatile course and gives the students to choose their careers in various fields.
M.Com Eligibility Criteria:-
The eligibility criteria for M.Com may differ from one college to another in terms of the total aggregate. Mentioned below are the general eligibility criteria for pursuing the M.Com course:
The candidate must have secured a minimum of 50% aggregate in B.Com or B.Com(Honours), or equivalent from a recognized university.
Some universities also induct students who have completed Economics (H), BBA, BFIA, and BBE with a minimum score of a minimum of 60% aggregate or equivalent.
Reserved category students are entitled to marks relaxation of up to 5%.
State-level universities also offer marks relaxation to home-state students.
M.Com covers a wide area for study and research and has many specializations to offer besides M.Com (General) and M.Com(Honours) such as:
Accounting & Finance Accounting
Mathematics Marketing Management
Banking & Finance Finance & Control
Marketing Computer Application
MBA (Masters of administration) is a post-graduation degree program which is offered by UGC-approved universities. This course also contains 2 years duration. But this program is offered by the UGC-approved universities in Pan India. There are approximately 5500 universities that offer MBA courses. The curriculum of this course changes every 5 to 10 years. This makes the course irrelevant when we talk about the placement
When you study MBA, you’ll learn a combination of management, finance, and human resource skills which you can utilize to run your own business or enterprise. Masters of Commerce will simply give you an extended knowledge about the subjects you have already studied in commerce.
We should not equalize the distance between M.com and MBA. Each of the courses is its own pros and cons. For example, all the public sector companies are recruiting Management trainees in finance with MBA qualifications. And some of private companies opting their account assistant to account manager posts on M.com qualifications. There will be chances to grow to the top on each side. But most companies are not considering the MBA in distance education. But in Account posts, they consider M.com qualifications which are acquired in distance education. My suggestion is if you are already working on the accounting side go for M.com in distance education. If you are fresh from college, better to go for an MBA full-time course. It will be a good choice.
Hence we can conclude that both courses have their own importance. Nobody replaces each other. You can select any one course both are able to provide the different 2 better opportunities for your career in their own specialized field. I hope that this article helps you to get a satisfactory response to your confusion about the course selection. I wish you all the very best for your future as my article reader. Hope so you can able to take effective and efficient decisions after going through this article.