What is M.Sc. in molecular biology?
Masters of Science in molecular biology is a postgraduate program. The duration of this program is two years. The admission type of this course is semester type. The admission process is merit and entrance based. The average fee required for this course is 7250 rupees to 4.22 lacs. However, the fees might vary depending upon the college or institution. One student has completed their studies in this program and has opted for a job. Their average salary can vary from 3 lacs per annum to 27 lacs per annum accordingly.
Molecular biology is a program related to biology and medicines. This course focuses on providing the knowledge of development and research methods for students to learn the basic concepts of molecular biology. In addition, this program helps students to sharpen their skills like development projects, solving problems, conducting analysis etc. Some of the molecular biology program's topics are metabolism of plants and animals, biochemistry, Enzymology, immunology, etc. The students in this course are prepared with all the fundamental knowledge about molecular biology to pursue further higher studies of M.Phil. and PhD in this field. If you want to know more about the eligibility criteria, entrance examination and future scope than you are at the right place.
You will get the full information about this course. If you want to know more about the eligibility criteria, entrance examination and future scope than you are at the right place.
Eligibility criteria for M.Sc. in molecular biology
Below are almost all the eligibility criteria for MSc molecular biology:
- In addition, a candidate must have completed graduation in BSC in any subject from microbiology, botany, zoology or genetics.
- In addition, applicants must have secured a minimum of 50% of the score in their previous examination from any recognized University.
- Apart from this, even applicants who have a bachelor's degree in agricultural, medicinal, dental, engineering, pharmacy, life science, or veterinary with a minimum of 50% from a recognized board also be considered eligible for this program.
- A candidate must take an entrance exam.
- Applicants must have passed the entrance exam conducted by different states and National University cities during admission.
Scope of M.Sc. in molecular biology
Students who have successfully passed this course are welcomed with so many opportunities in the biology field. They can even pursue higher studies like PhD and post PhD from colleges for any other international colleges.
A candidate can get many options from which they can choose any suitable job in the private sector and government sector.
Many job profiles are served in this field like a scientific manager, pathologist, lab operation head, National sales manager, molecular biologist, affairs executive, technical applicants, application scientist, account manager, assistant manager, and many more. In addition, in sectors like molecular diagnostic labs, molecular and structural biology units, medical labs, Pharma companies and many more.
Career options and job profiles after M.Sc. in molecular biology
- National sales management, average salary up to 6 lakhs to 27 lacs per annum
- Molecular biologist, average annual income can be from 4 lacs to 6 lacs.
- Regulatory affairs executive average annual salary can be from 7 to 11.
- Technical application scientists average annual salary varies from 9 lakh to 6 lacs.
- Research associate average salary varies from 3 LPA to 4 LPA
- Lab operation in head the annual income varies from 10 lacs to 12 lacs.
So, if you are planning to pursue your course in Molecular Biology after graduation than this course is the best approach. After researching all of the content regarding the same, come up with the idea that job profiles and opportunities in this course is very good. As well as the payment is very decent. It will be a great option to pursue your education without thinking twice.