What is Bachelor of Science Honours (B.Sc. Hons.) Microbiology?
BSc. (Hones) Micro Biology: Here, you can note the details about eligibility criteria, course duration, fee structure, career and job profile, and more.
BSc Microbiology teaches students about microorganisms and their impact on the human body in its three-year undergraduate program. The BSc Microbiology curriculum covers numerous types of bacteria or viruses and how they work in a human cell.
Candidates must have completed Class 12 or equivalent grade with Physics, Chemistry, and Biology as required to be eligible for BSc Microbiology. The person's political steps in the Class 12 test are used to determine BSc Microbiology admission 2021. Microbiologist careers are in high demand, with openings in a variety of industries.
An overview for the Bachelor of Science Honours (B.Sc. Hons.) Microbiology
- Microbiology courses cost an average of INR 20,000 to INR 2,000 each year.
- B.Sc. Microbiology Admissions are typically based on merit. However, there are exceptions. Only a few colleges have their entrance tests, though.
- Some of the top entrance exams for B.Sc. Microbiology are AMUEEE, LPUNEST, Assam CEE, HPU MAT, and IISc.
- There are three sorts of B.Sc Microbiology courses offered in India: Regular B.Sc in Microbiology, Part-time B.Sc in Microbiology, and Distance B.Sc Microbiology.
- Microbiology Bachelor's Degree NIMS University, Madras Christian College, LPU, Fergusson College, Mount Carmel College, Ethiraj College for Women, RamNarain College, and many others provide B.Sc. in Microbiology programs.
- Microbiologist, Operations Manager, Senior Business Analyst, Senior Research Scientist, Quality Control Microbiologist, Clinical Research Associate, etc., are all typical jobs after a B.S. in Microbiology.
- Microbiology undergraduates in India may expect to earn between INR 3 and 5 lakhs as a beginning salary.
What are the benefits of Bachelor of Science Honours (B.Sc. Hons.) Microbiology?
- Bacteriologists, virologists, cell biologists, mycologists, and many more can find employment with an advanced degree in Microbiology.
- Candidate can continue their study with MSc programs in Microbiology, Applied Microbiology, Medical Microbiology, and Microbial Genetics and Bioinformatics after completing the course.
- Additionally, individuals with advanced degrees have a greater chance of obtaining a job. Similarly, individuals might pursue a PhD after obtaining their master's degree.
- As a result, the majority of microorganisms rapidly alter their genetic makeup. This opens the door to new research possibilities.
- It is a constant effort by scientists who study microorganisms to understand better how bacteria affect human health, environmental impact and food safety, and many other things.
Eligibility criteria for Bachelor of Science Honours (B.Sc. Hons.) Microbiology
- Studying microorganisms and their behavior is a good choice for those interested in learning more about them.
- Candidates with research ability should pursue a microbiological career.
- The candidates must grasp the importance of food security and how microorganisms impact food production.
- Passionate and ethical individuals should follow this path.
- During the lab portion of the course, the student must demonstrate leadership and accountability. Therefore, it is recommended that persons with excellent leadership abilities enroll in the program.
- In India, the Microbiology degree is still regarded as a specialized field of study. Thus candidates must be patient.
- Microbiology Bsc Part-time and Distance Courses are available for employed or have limited financial resources to complete their studies.
Career and job profile after Bachelor of Science Honours (B.Sc. Hons.) Microbiology
There is a high need for microbiologists nowadays in medical research, quality control, and biotechnology. Therefore, graduating students are in high demand as researchers at universities and pharmaceutical and bioscience firms and institutions.
Students with a Bachelor of Science in Microbiology can also pursue employment in clinical or technical areas that do not need research. Thus, microbiology offers a wide range of employment options.
In addition to government and private hospitals, food businesses, research and development organizations, chemical and pharmaceutical companies will employ microbiologist graduates.
Fee structure and course duration of Bachelor of Science Honours (B.Sc. Hons.) Microbiology
According to top microbiology schools in India, BSc Microbiology tuition prices typically vary from INR 20,00 to 50,000. As part of the curriculum for the BSc Microbiology degree, students will learn about molecular ecology and molecular biology, immunology, enzymes technology, and industrial microbiology.