The college, which made a humble beginning in 1983, with just two programs, two rooms and 106 students, is today a huge institution with excellent infrastructure and three thousands five hundred and seventy students at the UG and PG level in thirty program options.
Since its establishment in 1983, St Ann's College for Women Hyderabad has been a pioneering institution committed to women's education. What began with two courses has blossomed into a diverse offering of over 30 courses across various disciplines. The SACW, Hyderabad College's mission encompasses academic excellence, skill development, and value enrichment. Affiliated with Osmania University and holding an esteemed A+ grade accreditation from NAAC, the institution also embraces modern learning with an IGNOU Study Center and a designated local chapter for NAPTEL_SWAYAM online courses. Alongside traditional degrees, St Ann's College offers Skill Oriented Courses (SOC) and Career Oriented Courses (COC), preparing students comprehensively for their professional journeys. In this way, the college empowers women to excel as leaders and contributors to a dynamic world.
St. Ann's College for Women (SACW) in Hyderabad is affiliated with Osmania University. The college holds an accreditation of an 'A+' grade from NAAC (3rd Cycle), showcasing its commitment to quality education. While specific ranking details may vary, SACW's affiliation, accreditation, and dedication to excellence collectively reflect its prominent standing in the field of education.
St. Ann's College for Women in Hyderabad offers a wide range of courses, including Master of Business Administration (MBA) with various specializations, Bachelor of Science (B.Sc) programs covering fields like Applied Nutrition, Biotechnology, and Computer Science, Bachelor of Arts (BA) programs specializing in Psychology, Political Science, and more. There are also Bachelor of Business Management (BBM) and Bachelor of Commerce (B.Com) programs, along with Master of Science (M.Sc) programs in Organic Chemistry and Mathematics, a Master of Computer Applications (MCA) program, and a Master of Commerce (M.Com) program. This diverse selection allows students to pursue their academic interests and career aspirations effectively.
|Laboratories||Equipped with the latest technologies and equipment for practical application of knowledge.|
|Library||Houses a variety of text and reference books for academic and personal growth.|
|Sports||Encourages participation in indoor and outdoor games for physical and mental well-being.|
|Seminar Halls||Used for organizing events and activities, enhancing students' engagement and exposure.|
|ICT Centre||Meets computational and technological needs of students and faculty.|
|Health Centre||Provides medical facilities to students, staff, and faculty, promoting health and well-being.|
|Gymnasium||Equipped gym for fitness, guided by instructors and trainers.|
|Cafeteria||Offers nutritious, healthy, and hygienic meals and snacks at reasonable prices.|
|Auditorium||Large acoustically treated space for events and presentations.|
|Convenience Store||Stocked stationery shop with photocopying facilities for student needs.|
|Banks/ATMs||Extension branch of Corporation Bank offering basic banking services within the campus.|
• Eligibility Criteria: For admission to St. Ann's College for Women, candidates need to fulfill the eligibility criteria, which typically include graduation with a minimum of 50% marks and clearing the TSICET exam. The process starts with candidates verifying if they meet these criteria, which involve academic qualifications, specific percentage thresholds, and occasionally age limits. Ensuring compliance with these prerequisites is crucial before moving forward with the application process.
• Entrance Exam: For specific courses like the Master of Business Administration (MBA) and Master of Computer Applications (MCA), candidates are required to take relevant entrance exams such as APICET or TSICET. These exams evaluate candidates' knowledge, aptitude, and problem-solving abilities. Performance in these exams plays a significant role in the selection process.
• Cutoff: The college sets cutoff scores based on multiple factors, including the number of applicants and the difficulty of the entrance exams. Candidates need to attain or exceed these cutoff scores to be considered for admission. Being aware of the cutoff scores for their chosen course helps applicants gauge their eligibility.
• Document Verification: After submitting the application, candidates move on to document verification. This step involves presenting original and photocopy documents like educational certificates, identification proofs, and sometimes passport-sized photographs. Document verification is a critical process that validates the authenticity of the information provided.
• Fee Submission: Following successful document verification, candidates proceed to pay the stipulated admission fee. This fee includes various components like tuition, laboratory charges, library fees, and security deposits. Fee payment confirms the candidate's intent to enroll in the course and secures their spot in the institution.
• Confirmation: Upon completing all preceding stages, candidates receive an official admission confirmation. This formal communication marks the conclusion of the admission process and confirms the candidate's enrollment in their chosen course.
1. Visit the official website and create an account.
2. Fill out the online application form with accurate details.
3. Upload necessary documents.
4. Pay the application fee online.
5. Submit the application form.
6. Note the acknowledgement/application number.
7. Attend document verification if shortlisted.
8. Pay the admission fee after verification.
9. Receive confirmation of admission.
1. Social Welfare Scholarships
2. National Merit Scholarships
3. State Merit Scholarships
4. Sports Scholarships
5. Minorities Welfare Department Scholarships
6. Prathibha Awards
7. National Prizes (NMS)
8. Economically Backward Class Scholarships
9. Other private trusts
In the academic year, St. Ann's College for Women's Placement & Career Counselling Cell played a vital role in securing placements for 460 undergraduate and numerous postgraduate students. The campus welcomed visits from 41 companies, including 23 new additions. Approximately 260 students achieved placements, with DELL and Turing Minds offering the highest CTC at 7 LPA. Noteworthy internships were facilitated through Internshala, including stipend-based opportunities from Deloitte for four students. Over 68 students registered with the Telangana Academy for Skills & Knowledge (TASK), yielding job prospects from over 40 partner companies. The cell's efforts also encompassed 15 career counseling webinars to enhance employability skills. Collaborations with TASK, TCS, IT Nurturden, and Edunet Foundation led to job-oriented training programs. Edunet Foundation's free online courses garnered significant enrollment, resulting in 3387 course completion certificates. This holistic approach exemplifies the college's unwavering commitment to fostering students' success.
The median salaries for various courses are as follows:
1. M.Sc.: INR 420,000
2. PG Diploma: INR 550,000
3. M.Com: INR 420,000
4. BBA: INR 350,000
5. B.Com: INR 350,000
6. B.Sc.: INR 350,000
7. B.A.: INR 350,000
The SACW, Hyderabad Recruiting company name
St. Ann's College for Women, Hyderabad has built strong partnerships with a diverse range of renowned recruiters, fostering an environment of career development and opportunities for its students. Companies such as Deloitte, Dell, Wipro, NTT DATA, Amazon, and Genpact, among others, actively engage with the college's vibrant campus. These esteemed organizations provide a platform for students to showcase their talents and skills, while also offering valuable insights into the professional world. Through these collaborations, students have the chance to secure internships, placements, and exposure to real-world industry practices. The college's commitment to connecting students with top-notch recruiters reflects its dedication to nurturing well-rounded individuals who are poised for success in their chosen fields.
By adopting a need based approach, synthesis of academics and ethics, innovation in learning methods, and a diversified curriculum, the college aims at providing a learning environment that integrates body, mind and spirit.
Academic excellence, skill enhancement and value enrichment to help the girl student embark on life’s journey as an empowered woman.