Get your score up in MAT 2022 by implementing an effective strategy.
The MAT (Management Aptitude Test) is an internationally recognized test run by AIMA to assist B-Schools in screening applicants for admission into management programs. It is among the most popular tests and is an entry point to more than 1000 B-schools across India. To pass the test, you must be prepared with a thorough strategy.
In this post, you'll learn some essential strategies for preparing different parts of MAT.
Before beginning the preparations, it is important to know the pattern of the test thoroughly.
The MAT test is objective comprising five sections. Test-takers are able to take the test in IBT/PBT/CBT/PBT modes. Below are the most important aspects of the MAT 2022 exam format:
· There are 200 questions with the option of four answers per question.
· The test's duration will be 2.5 hours.
· 0.25 marks are taken off for each wrong answer; one mark is given for a correct answer.
MAT Sections: -
· Language Comprehension (40 Questions)
· Mathematical Skills (40 Questions)
· Data Analysis & Sufficiency (40 Questions)
· Intelligence & Critical Reasoning (40 Questions)
· Indian & Global Environment (40 Questions)
MAT 2022: Preparation Strategy
The paper can be split into three parts: concept-driven, practice-intensive, and environment-sensitive. Mathematical Skills & select areas of Language Comprehension are concept-driven where the questions are critically dependent on the test taker's conceptual clarity with respect to core fundamentals; Intelligence & Critical Reasoning, Data Analysis & Sufficiency and select areas of English Language Proficiency are practice-intensive; Indian & Global Environment is environment-sensitive where an awareness with respect to current affairs is the winning stroke. The following is the preparation plan for each MAT section, along with the most important topics.
Indian & Global Environment
In this part, it is essential to keep up-to-date with the most recent happenings in the globe. In addition to the actual GK and GK, you must be knowledgeable of the fundamentals of the corporate and banking sector. To score well it is crucial to update your basic knowledge regularly. The majority of questions on this section stem from the following categories that are:
· Current Events & Happenings
· Banking & Business
· General Political Information
This section tests your mathematical skills in one of the fundamental subjects. Before you can begin to practice this section of the test ensure that you attain sufficient conceptual clarity on the basics of the subject. The most important topics in these sections are
· Number Systems
· Percentage, Profit & Loss, Mixtures
· Averages, Ratios, Interest
· Time & Work, Time, Speed & Distance
· Geometry, Trigonometry
Intelligence & Critical Reasoning
For this portion, you'll be assessed on your thinking and deduction abilities. To be able to pass this test, you have to practice various types of tests from each important subject. A majority of the questions do not come with a specific approach, so the only thing you have to do is take as many practice questions as you can. This section has questions on:
· Recognizing patterns in numbers
· Direction Sense
· Coding, Decoding
· Verbal Reasoning
This test will assess your verbal and vocabulary skills. An excellent way to broaden knowledge is to put in an adequate amount of time reading a variety of. Also, continue to practice using previous year's exams and Mock tests for MAT to test your ability to answer different types of questions. The areas of the most important where the most questions have been asked are:
· Word Analogies
· Vocabulary with questions on synonyms and antonyms
· Rearranging sentences
· Reading Comprehension
· Sentence Completion
Data Analysis & Sufficiency
This section's questions are accompanied by information in the form of points or graphs. Based on the data you will be expected to discover the logical connections and then come to an answer. Also, you will be able to access this section only after you have practiced the use of a variety of sets. The main areas of focus here are:
· Data Sufficiency
· Standard DI tools like bar graphs, pie charts, line graphs, and data tables
· Data Comparisons
In the course of your MAT 2022 training, it is essential to adhere to a systematic and sequential method. Here is the recommended approach to preparing for the MAT for MAT 2022:
· Consolidate concepts first when it comes to areas in which concepts are essential (as previously discussed).
· In the next stage begin practicing questions from the previous year's paper MAT along with mock exams.
· You can strengthen your test preparation by doing a thorough evaluation of your mock test results and working to improve your strategies for taking tests.
The test-taker needs to be aware that MAT is intended to evaluate you on a variety of fundamental management skills, such as time management and managing stress understanding, and balancing accuracy and speed. As you take increasing numbers of tests, you'll get more efficient and accurate and will be able to improve your preparation for the MAT.