Details of Bachelor of Technology (B.Tech.) in Chemical Engineering (Lateral Entry)
The multi-disciplinary engineering brand of chemical engineering is the potential influencing other engineering fields. This engineering encompasses the utilization of economics, biology, chemistry, physics, and mathematics while shedding light on the application and transformation of materials and energy in the laboratories in the production plants. The course has been offering an in-depth intervention into the practical and theoretical concepts of the course of chemical engineering. The course involves the study of extraction methodology and chemical extraction. The study incorporates the conceptual knowledge on mechanics, chemistry, solid, petrochemicals, Operations, and designing of chemical plants. This field introduces the applicants to the multi-disciplinary approach used in internalizing the issues and application of chemicals. The stream of technology involves applying interpretive, evaluative, and analytical expertise that are honed in the course through the projects and lab practices to help them decrease environmental waste and biological hazards. It expands the understanding that enables the acquisition of information of operations in chemical plants and equipment used in the chemical processing industry. This engineering field intertwines with the Textile and biotechnology field.
Eligibility criteria of Bachelor of Technology (B.Tech.) in Chemical Engineering (Lateral Entry)
The criteria discussed below suggest the eligibility of getting enrolled and admission to peruse the course:
- Those completed 3-year diploma in engineering.
- Those passed B.Sc or equivalent degree minimum 50 % from authorized institute.
- Those paseed in 12th in mathematics as a compulsory subject, eligible to take admission in B.Tech chemical engineering(Lateral Entry)
Benefits of Bachelor of Technology (B.Tech.) in Chemical Engineering (Lateral Entry)
The huge benefits in this study of engineering would be based on industrial processing, chemical manufacturing, and using the knowledge in the defined process, offering a high salary. The higher demand in this chemical engineering enables the aspiring candidates to select from varied job prospects and career opportunities in private companies and government companies.
Scope in Bachelor of Technology (B.Tech.) in Chemical Engineering (Lateral Entry)
The several positions that can be availed by the aspirant’s perused undergraduate course in chemical engineering would include Project Manager, Plant Designer, Production Engineer, Quality Executive specializing in control and purchase. That offers overall supervisory positions across the industries enabling them to build teamwork. Several job profiles can be opted by the qualified graduates in this engineering, including Site Engineer, Chemical Engineers, Technical Operator, Materials Engineer, Energy Manager, Mining Engineer, Analytical Chemist, and Safety Officer.
Career Options in Bachelor of Technology (B.Tech.) in Chemical Engineering (Lateral Entry)
The advent of technological advancement in this digital era foresees the demand of this engineering field. The top recruiters across India in this engineering field are government entities, Essar Group, Bharat Petroleum, Hindalco Industries, Wipro, Hindustan Copper Limited, and Narcotics Control Bureau. The underlying job prospect in this industry encompasses Composite Materials, process control, hazards and safety, chemical thermodynamics, and process optimization. The top employment companies involve both private as well as government companies.
- Gas Authority of India Ltd., Coal India Limited, Steel Authority of India Limited, National Aluminum Company Ltd., National Thermal Power Corporation Limited, Bharat Electronics Limited, Indian Oil Corporation Limited, and ONGC are the governing bodies that offer the highest packages in India to the chemical engineers.
- Other PSUs that offer remarkable possibilities in this engineering domain suggest Schlumberger Limited, Gazprom Industries, Johnson Matthey, Reliance Industries Ltd., GlaxoSmithKline, Nippon Paints, and Arofine Polymers, Indian Oil Corporation, Gujarat Alkalies & Chemicals Ltd.